Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Location: Tanfield, Edinburgh
Employment type: Full Time, Permanent
Are you our missing ingredient?
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Greene King, Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh, with offices in Staffordshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
What you’ll do
You’ll be responsible for the overall smooth running of the accounts payable function within the Zonal group including Edinburgh Office, Comtrex, HLS and other subsidiaries.
- Managing end to end purchase to pay process, ensuring invoices are received, coded correctly, approved and paid in accordance with due dates and agreed payment plans
- Resolve all supplier queries in a timely manner
- Ensure new suppliers are set up in accordance with company policy
- Ensure supplier statements are reconciled as received and any discrepancies followed up in a timely manner
- Drive efficiency gains to eliminate waste and cost duplication
- Ownership of staff expenses policy and weekly payment review
- Review of VAT returns, ensuring all payments and returns are submitted on time to HMRC
- Responsibility for weekly management reporting and KPI tracking
- Ensure purchase orders are raised appropriately and stock is booked onto the system at the correct price
- Constant review to improve systems, processes and reporting whilst assisting the Group Financial Controller with ad hoc projects as required.
- Build a procurement function within the finance team, engaging with budget holders and suppliers to optimise our cost base.
- Development of creditor and payment controls and ensuring compliance with the controls to ensure all payments made a valid and accurate, and risk of errors and payments to fraudulent suppliers are mitigated
- Direct line management responsibility for four members of staff – two Accounts Payable Analysts, the Fleet Manager and Travel Manager. Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to ensure accuracy and maintain high performance.
- Set objectives for the team and individuals which ensure delivery of the finance and company strategy.
- Provide regular 1:1 feedback to team members
Skills and qualifications
- Proven management experience
- Demonstrable experience in a fast paced, service industry purchase ledger role and experience of processing payment runs
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to create cross department relationships
- Experience of preparation of VAT returns
- Confident in the use of accounting systems. Experience of Navision desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Stock experience preferred
- IT savvy, must be proficient user of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Evidence of driving significant cost savings within a business
- Previous work within a procurement function desirable
- A ‘can do’ attitude, confident and self-motivated
- High attention to detail
- A problem solver
Standard hours are 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessedare the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.