As a Client Services Manager, you will have day to day responsibility of the Client Services team[CD1] within Zonal Marketing Technologies (ZMT). As well as mentoring and developing the team around you, the successful candidate will also have day to day Client Management responsibility for some customers of ZMT, part of the Zonal Group.
Based in the Stafford office, you will ensure that all customers for whom the team are responsible receive a continually high level of customer service from the department as this is a cornerstone of Zonal’s ethos and methodology.
As Client Services Manager, you will be the voice of the customer internally to ensure that all customer requirements are met, any issues are resolved quickly and that each customer feels they have a trusted partner who delivers.
The role will be challenging but the successful candidate will be able to thrive in a role which will be varied in nature and will expose you to all aspects of the business. Travel and overnight stays will be expected as on-site meetings with a large and diverse customer base is required. Being a company that delivers technical innovation, a technical appreciation to SaaS based products and / or hospitality operational experience is a must.
As a high level summary, the main aims and responsibilities of the Client Services Manager include:
- Direct day to day responsibility for the management of several key accounts within the ZMT customer base.
- To instil a high standard of Customer service and processes within the Client Services team thereby ensuring a consistent approach is taken by the whole team.
- Promoting and demonstrating ZMT’s commitment to excellent customer service
- and their ethos of putting the customer at the centre of all they do.
- Understanding ZMT customers and the sector in which they operate within the broader hospitality industry.
- Developing and maintaining a working-level understanding of all customers, their company culture, products, services and the ZMT strategic roadmap.
- Proactively communicating with clients on a regular basis in a professional and efficient manner.
- Developing the wider team to ensure that all members of the team have a sound technical understanding of the solutions installed into the customer base.
- Performance managing the team to ensure key objectives and KPI’s are met
- To understand the business objectives of all customers and suggest the right solutions for their business where relevant in the role of trusted partner.
Detailed view of Duties of a Client Services Manager
- Working alongside other Account Management teams to Identify, develop and implement business processes to ensure a consistent approach to Account Management within the Client Services team as well as across the wider Zonal business.
- Work with the sales team to ensure that customers are fully up to date on product enhancements and availability. As part of this your role is to ensure that customers are only sold the right solutions for the right business reasons.
- Monthly reporting, of a high standard, to be issued at exec level.
- Prioritise customer requirements to ensure that ZMT are delivering in line with all customer expectations.
- Day to day management of some ZMT customers. In some cases this will involve travel to attend off site meetings.
- To be the customer advocate internally to ensure that all customer development requirements are known and prioritised accordingly.
- Ensure any customer escalations are dealt with in a professional manner and that the customer is updated at every opportunity. Similarly, work with the support teams to ensure that customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Transfer knowledge at every opportunity in an effort to upskill other members of the wider team.
- To ensure all customers are invoiced correctly as well as getting involved in the production of commercial proposals from time to time.
- To work with the support team to carry out trend and problem analysis for ZMT customers.
- Preparing Account Management related documents such as meeting agendas, meeting reports, proposals and other client communications or correspondence.
- Previous experience in a Customer orientated role with day to day management of key accounts.
- Excellent Stakeholder management experience at every level of business.
- Previous management or team lead experience.
- Zonal Product knowledge
- Marketing Agency background and / or Hospitality sector experience required.
- Knowledge of front of house operational process advantageous – for example restaurant booking and table capacity management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of organisation and attention to detail is paramount.
- Must be flexible in their approach as they will invariably be asked to get involved in things at short notice. In doing so though, current commitments must not slip so time management is key.
- Excellent MS office skills required along with a high level of IT literacy.
- Professional conduct in their actions and written correspondence at all times.
- Experience of SaaS based products and an appreciation of the technical infrastructure required to support them.