Chief Sales and Marketing Officer
The Zonal group are the UK’s largest technology provider to the hospitality industry, employing over 520 people and with annual revenues of over £62M. The group has grown its turnover 500% through organic growth and acquisition over the past 8 years and has an exciting and realistic growth expectation for the future. Our products are currently used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels across the country. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoon and John Lewis.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include:
- Mobile and web apps for ordering and digital menu management
- Long sales cycle, complex EPoS/ERP solutions for multiple site operators
- SaaS solutions for B2C consumer engagement e.g. loyalty, gift cards, vouchers, campaign management, SCV, Digital payment or reservations
- Short sales cycle / telesales channel for Hotel Property Management
By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS system we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We are looking to appoint a highly experienced Chief Sales and Marketing Officer to lead, drive and innovate the sales and marketing functions to maximise sales opportunities and marketing initiatives to support, and exceed, the companies’ targets.
What you’ll do
Reporting directly into the CEO you will hold ultimate responsibility for the sales and marketing activities within Zonal, ensuring sustainable revenue growth by constantly maximising market penetration.
- Acting as an integral part of the exec team helping to define, refine and drive the company strategy.
- Working closely with other executive officers to advise them on sales strategies, forecasting and general management issues in order to align the business’s efforts, avoid conflict of interests and facilitate the achievement of the business’s objectives.
- Assuming overall responsibility for running the sales function across the company, ranging from relationship development through to contract finalisation, to ensure the sales targets are exceeded YOY.
- Track and review actual sales results, weighing them against set targets and KPIs to determine the effectiveness of the sales initiatives and implementing changes and solutions where necessary.
- Collaborate closely with the Chief Customer Officer to establish and nurture new customer relationships with a focus on maximising the deployment of our product suite through the sales process and beyond.
- Collaborate with the finance department in determining the sales and marketing department’s budgets as well as appropriate internal budgetary allocations.
- Leading the sales process on the larger corporate prospects.
- Maintaining a stable knowledge base of the industry competitors, conducting regular research and keeping up with market trends to give the business a competitive edge.
- Working closely with the Sales Directors across all business units to support the management of the sales teams to exceed targets and ensure the sales function is co-ordinated and joined-up.
- Acting as a mentor to key sales personnel ensuring their constant professional growth.
- Attending industry events and conferences, establishing and maintaining long term relationships with key customers, potential customers and key strategic partners.
- Negotiate contracts and provide necessary follow-up for customers; develop and present customer solutions ensuring solutions meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Overall responsibility for managing accurate quarterly and yearly forecasts for both sales and marketing; prepare sales reports showing sales volume and areas of proposed customer growth and review sales performance against projections.
- Overall responsibility for the marketing function – working closely with the Group Marketing Director to maximise the support to our sales teams and generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing.
- Devise and implement a marketing strategy that aligns with the overarching company objectives.
- Working with the Group Marketing Director to build brand awareness across all our verticals.
- Manage key strategic partnerships under the direction of the CEO.
- Working with the Chief Technology Officer to ensure the sales process effectively conveys and represents Zonal’s current and strategic future offerings.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism and Accountability are the values that make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands and values great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh, our Innovation Centre in Abingdon, modern Stafford facility and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
Benefits package: Competitive package depending on experience