Chief Operating Officer
The Zonal group are the UK’s largest technology provider to the hospitality industry, employing over 520 people and with annual revenues of over £62M. The group has grown its turnover 500% through organic growth and acquisition over the past 8 years and has an exciting and realistic growth expectation for the future. Our products are currently used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels across the country. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, Mitchells and Butler, JD Wetherspoon and John Lewis.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include:
- Mobile and web apps for ordering and digital menu management
- Long sales cycle, complex EPoS/ERP solutions for multiple site operators
- SaaS solutions for B2C consumer engagement e.g. loyalty, gift cards, vouchers, campaign management, SCV, Digital payment or reservations
- Short sales cycle / telesales channel for Hotel Property Management
By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS system we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We are looking to appoint a highly experienced Chief Operating Officer to lead, drive and innovate the operations of the business.
What you’ll do
Reporting directly into the CEO you will hold ultimate responsibility for the Service, Support, Project Services and our Livingston Logistics/Manufacturing hub. You will work alongside the CEO and Executive members to execute the company vision. World class service is a hallmark of our organisation and maintaining this is of paramount importance.
The successful candidate will be a true leader, the sort who loves bringing people with them on a journey, hands-on and leading by example. You’ll enjoy facilitating change and selling this internally and be forceful enough to push things through when required. It goes without saying you will have a collaborative approach and also be comfortable managing various stakeholders across the business. We like people with a “point of view”, and with that comes strong personalities, so this is a role for someone who can influence, empathise and direct in equal measure.
Capable of working with true autonomy, from experience you will already know what good looks like and will drive implementation that is both relevant and functional for our business, with solid metrics in place to gauge success. The icing on the cake will be your truly positive, change-orientated, and future-focused mind-set that will foster success and improvement across the business. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding role at a company that is ready to change and improve, what are you waiting for.
- Acting as an integral part of the executive team helping to define, refine and drive the company strategy.
- Working closely with other executive officers to advise them on general management issues in order to align the business’s efforts, avoid conflict of interests and facilitate the achievement of the business’s objectives.
- Measure and report on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with the financial department in defining the company’s financial operating model including your department’s budgets and other appropriate internal budgetary allocations.
- Put procedures and resources in place to promote scaling, optimise inefficient areas of the organisation and coordinate with department heads.
- Driving operational excellence and constant improvement.
- Designing and embedding processes to ensure the changes we make across the business (not just out of the Ops team) land effectively and that we foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Working in conjunction with all relevant internal departments (such as R&D, TechOps, Account Management etc.) to deliver seamless customer support and results.
- Where required assist with operational delivery strategy for key customer accounts.
- Devising and implementing new products and services to drive revenue and profitability.
- Maintaining and improving our industry-leading service and support.
- Drive efficiencies within the manufacturing and logistics centre.
- Highly effective external stakeholder management.
- Ensure all projects are delivered efficiently, on-time and to budget.
- Manage key strategic partnerships under the direction of the CEO.
- Establish policies and procedures that promote the company culture and vision.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism and Accountability are the values that make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands and values great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh, our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and Hotel Management solutions base in Cardiff.
Benefits package: Competitive package depending on experience