Reporting to: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Tanfield, Edinburgh
What you’ll do
- You will be able to take a Product Brief of the customer problem, and high level requirements and translate into the detail required to deliver the required functionality.
- You will be able to translate the customer problem to your team so that they understand what is being asked and what is expected of them.
- You will have high levels of knowledge of interrelated systems, understand dependencies and support the delivery of multiple projects/ products.
- You will have project management skills to assist in the delivery of the requirements in a timely and efficient manner, with the ability to raise risks, issues and mitigations for each.
- You will be knowledgeable of all products within Zonal so that you’re proficient in knowing dependencies, opportunities and risks of interdependent solutions.
- You will understand the technical aspects of requirements, be responsible for eliciting the solution from the Delivery Team in a timely and efficient manner.
- You will be competent in writing user stories, business requirement documents and change requests. You will use your experience to understand what detail is required at the appropriate time. You will be able to work with a wide range of stakeholders to understand their world views so that the requirements meet a broad range of expectations.
- You will support the Delivery Team by continuous improvement of processes and BA practices, managing time and work efficiently and reporting metrics from your own projects.
Who you are
- Having been working in a similar technical role for some time, you will be able to break down new architectural designs to features and stories that can be delivered incrementally
- You will become the go to person to help get things done. You have the proven ability to inspire and motivate team members to increase individual and team performance.
- As a natural, confident and clear communicator you will have experience liaising within technical and non-technical teams and across organisational boundaries. Your communication will be second to none.
- You will be motivated by getting things done, and getting them done in the right way, first time.
- Can work at the technical level with the Development Team to assess the solutions proposed and make sure the Detailed Design meets the Product Request.
- Using your communication skills you will keep key stakeholders aware of progress against plans and help mitigate risks, provide contingency plans and options.
- You will have been a hands on member of a Software Delivery team.
- You can demonstrate your ability to make decisions based on balancing an understanding of the best interest of the product and the best interest of the business – equally you will know when to escalate and when to negotiate and influence others.
- 5+ years’ experience within a similar role, operating within an Agile software development environment
- Demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes and experience writing requirements specifications, user stories and acceptance criteria for complex B2B software applications.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle (Waterfall and Agile).
- Results orientated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To understand and grasp test scenarios, test plans and exception handling.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Has commercial acumen when making decisions regarding functionality and supporting.
- Knowledge of EPOS systems and/or hospitality industry would be an advantage.
- Use of UML modelling techniques
Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!