OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide a variety of account management/consultancy tasks for new and existing Zonal clients starting from initial sales enquiries through to training, implementation and support services.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing SME/Independent accounts ensuring maximum use of Zonal products.
- Running small new business implementation projects working in conjunction with Project Support Team.
- Zonal expert on all products
- Maintain the account services facility for smaller customers.
- Assessment and specification of customer development requirements to ensure an informed, controlled and effective method of escalation to Development Request team.
- Continuously broadening knowledge skills.
- To provide Sales Support where relevant.
- Ensure effective, constructive and collaborative relationships are maintained with customers and internally, with other company departments.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of and experience of working with EPoS systems within the hospitality industry.
- Experience of providing installation and training services on EPoS systems.
- Good awareness of latest technology and current trends within the hospitality industry.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
The Business Development Consultant role is based within the Account Services Team. Company offices are in Abingdon and Edinburgh, although this position is primarily field-based. The demanding nature of this role will require flexibility in working hours including overnight where appropriate.
This job description should be regarded as a guideline for the individual job holder, and will be subject to review according to changing circumstances. Other duties within the skills and capabilities of the job holder may be assigned from time to time.