The Zonal group is one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
Zonal’s success is in innovation, which is driven from all members of the team, as a BA you will be innovative in your approach and showcase your deep understanding of the customer problem and requirement of the products.
You will be part of a Product team who should exude passion for the product, producing high quality work that meets or exceeds the quality demanded by the delivery teams. You will also have experience of driving requirements through the full product delivery lifecycle.
- Be competent in writing user stories and business requirement documents. You will use your experience to understand what detail is required at the appropriate time.
- You will support the Product Owner by helping to create , maintain and prioritise, the Product Backlog and improving processes and reporting metrics.
- You will be able to work with a wide range of stakeholders to understand their world views so that the requirements meet a broad range of expectations
- You will have the ability to gain high levels of knowledge of interrelated systems, identifying and managing dependencies and support the delivery of multiple products.
- You will have management skills to assist in the delivery of the requirements in a timely and efficient manner, with the ability to raise risks, issues and mitigations where required.
- You will be comfortable acting as the bridge between business stakeholders and cross functional delivery teams
Who you are
- Demonstrable Business Analysis experience for at a minimum of 3 years in an Agile software development environment
- Demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes.
- Demonstrable experience writing requirements specifications & user stories for complex B2B software applications.
- Be able to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle, owning the delivery of your requirements into a product environment.
- Proven experience interacting directly with end users, conducting interviews and workshops.
- Ability to lead and deliver professional customer presentations confidently with the knowledge of the systems.
- Experience of complex integration projects, and products and understanding dependencies.
- Results orientated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and convey them to business users who may not be as technically minded
- Understand and grasp test scenarios, test plans and exception handling.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Has commercial acumen when making decisions regarding functionality and support.
- Knowledge of EPOS systems and/or hospitality industry would be an advantage.
- Use of UML modelling techniques
- Familiarity with Aha!, TFS and Azure DevOps
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.