We are recruiting a Business Analysist to work within our Payments and Integrations product groups, who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses.
Working within a team of cross functional software engineers, you will be responsible for ensuring their Product is developed in line with the roadmap and strategy meeting customer needs and supporting our development teams.
As a Business Analyst you will be able to analyse systems and business processes to help tease out the detail required for the changes that need implemented.
What you’ll do
- You will have experience in understanding API documentation and translating into the detail required to deliver the required functionality.
- You will be able to take a Product Brief to understand the customer problem and scope of work and translate the technical requirements into the detail required for the team to deliver the required functionality and avoid unnecessary scope creep.
- You will work with third-party API providers to understand their API specifications and technical functionality so that you can undertake gap analysis to determine the development requirements to meet the customer need.
- You will understand the technical aspects of requirements, be responsible for eliciting the solution from the Delivery Team in a timely and efficient manner.
- You will have high levels of knowledge of interrelated systems, understand dependencies and support the delivery of multiple projects/ products.
- You will have project management skills to assist in the delivery of the requirements in a timely and efficient manner, with the ability to raise risks, issues and mitigations for each.
- You will be knowledgeable of all products within Zonal so that you’re proficient in knowing dependencies, opportunities and risks of interdependent solutions.
- You will be competent in writing user stories, business requirement documents, scope documents. and change requests.
- You will use your experience to understand what detail is required at the appropriate time.
- You will be able to work with a wide range of stakeholders to understand their world views so that the requirements meet a broad range of expectations and be comfortable in challenging these views.
- You will be able to produce sequence diagrams and UML diagrams to visualise the design of an integration.
- Monitor and evaluate regulatory changes to ensure any development carried out meets requirements.
- You will support the Delivery Team by continuous improvement of processes and BA practices, managing time and work efficiently and reporting metrics from your own projects.
Who you are
- Having been working in a similar technical role for some time, you will be able to break down new architectural designs into features and stories that can be delivered incrementally.
- You will have excellent analysis skills to understand the business processes and how each system is integrated to inform the user stories and provide detail that is required.
- You will become the go to person to help get things done. You have the proven ability to inspire and motivate team members to increase individual and team performance.
- As a natural, confident and clear communicator you will have experience liaising within technical and non-technical teams and across organisational boundaries. Your communication will be second to none.
- You will be motivated by getting things done, and getting them done in the right way, first time.
- Comfortable working at the appropriate technical level with the Development Team to assess the solutions proposed and make sure the Detailed Design meets the Product Request.
- Using your communication skills, you will keep key stakeholders aware of progress against plans and help mitigate risks, provide contingency plans and options.
- You will have been a hands-on member of a Software Delivery team, with the ability to contribute to team projects.
- You can demonstrate your ability to make decisions based on balancing an understanding of the best interest of the product and the best interest of the business – equally you will know when to escalate and when to negotiate and influence others.
- 5+ years’ experience within a similar role, operating within an Agile software development environment.
- Demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes and experience writing requirements specifications, user stories and acceptance criteria for complex B2B software applications.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle (Waterfall and Agile).
- Results orientated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To understand and grasp test scenarios, test plans and exception handling.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately to find the best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Has commercial acumen when making decisions regarding functionality and supporting.
- Knowledge of EPOS systems and/or hospitality industry would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with the payment industry, including an understanding of payments regulations, such as PCI DSS
- Previous experience of Project Management of technology initiatives
Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
We are going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!