Automation Test Engineer
Are you our missing ingredient?
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
- We offer flexible & remote working within the UK.
- Generous holiday allocation + Ability to buy and sell holidays
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- We reward our staff well with competitive salaries
- We give back to staff with our company profit share scheme
- Well-structured career development plans.
What you’ll do
You will help and shape the automated testing of the software products and platform capabilities within our Acquire team. You will be the Test Automation domain specialist providing the team with the necessary skills and knowledgebase to help ensure that our automation tests and frameworks provide us with the best return of investment we can get.
Responsibilities will involve: –
- Adding tests to our existing Test Automation framework, working alongside fellow Test Engineers to ensure that just the right tests are automated.
- Evaluating tools and processes to help maintain and improve the automation tests and our frameworks to ensure time spent doing manual regression is kept a minimum.
- Creating and maintaining test data across various environmental permutations.
- Help and mentor fellow Test Engineers within the Automation domain.
- Working alongside our Technical Services team to create and maintain Automation Environments.
Who you are
- You have strong C# knowledge
- Experience with implementing automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience with integrating automation with CI/CD pipelines
- Azure Dev Ops (TFS)
- Cross Browser & Mobile device automation
- Git Version Control
- You have 2 + years’ experience working with and testing web API’s using tools such as Swagger and Postman
- You have experience in performing peer reviews and coaching team members in following best practices.
- You have experience in creating test cases with Selenium WebDriver based frameworks.
- You have an excellent understanding of SDLC’s and where Test Automation can be of most benefit to both the team and the overall product quality.
- You actively engage in the Test Automation community collating new ideas, tools, and processes to ensure that the status quo is always challenged.
- Willingness to help the team with testing at all levels when required to ensure team goals and objectives are met.