Zonal Marketing Technologies is a digital agency, and part of the Zonal group. Our DNA is that of a fast-moving start-up, but we have the clout and connections of the UK’s largest provider of technology to the hospitality industry. We work with brands like PizzaExpress, JD Weatherspoons and All Bar One on everything from apps, order & pay, digital vouchers and loyalty to online bookings and table management. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
Working in a hugely innovative area, the Mobile team at ZMT are building products that are revolutionising the hospitality industry. By giving customers the ability to order and pay through their mobile without ever getting up from their table, brands are able to satisfy customer demand for slicker service and frictionless payment. What’s more, these customers also spend more of their hard-earned cash, so it’s no wonder this technology is seen as a game-changer.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual who shares our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there! We’re serious about innovation, service and delivery but we also know how to have fun along the way!
What you’ll do
The team you will a part of will be cross functional, comprising of Developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts. You will be a fully hands on member of the team.
Day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Designing and building applications for the Android platform
- Maintaining and improving code quality
- Identifying and correcting bottlenecks in the delivery process
- Collaborating with the team to define, design and ship new features and new apps as required
- Ensuring the performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
Who you are
- Ideally you will have 2+ years’ commercial experience of developing apps within a development team environment
- Experience of integrating with RESTful APIs & Android UI design principles, patterns and best practice
- Experience in programming in Java, Android Studio, gradle and other IDE tools
- Experience of Android SDK, different versions of Android and how to deal with screen size differences
- Knowledge and experience of Git and version control
- Experience in publishing to the Play Store/ App Store
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Successful use of software development methodologies and processes such as TDD, BDD, CI and CD
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.