Accounts Payable Analyst
Reporting to: Cost Manager
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Greene King, Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
What you’ll do
Oversee the management and processing of all staff expenses and the accounts payable within the Zonal group including Edinburgh Office, Comtrex, HLS and other subsidiaries.
- Review of all expense claims, ensuring all are in line with company policy, approving and rejecting as appropriate.
- Preparation of weekly Navision journal and subsequent bank payment for review.
- Regular review of appropriateness of staff expenses policy, suggesting any changes to the Cost Manager/Group Financial Controller.
- Build up relationships with employees and be the go to person for all staff queries regarding expenses, ensuring a timely response.
- Resolution of all technical issues with the Web Expenses system.
- Full ownership of HLS accounts payable, ensuring invoices are approved, posted and paid in a timely manner
- Ensure invoices are coded to the correct department and approved by the relevant budget holder in a timely manner, escalating any issues to the Cost Manager where required.
- Provide assistance with the posting of stock invoices.
- Ensure correct processes are followed for the onboarding of all new suppliers
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Key payments onto Bankline as required.
- Maintain master AP reference document, detailing supplier, posting department and coding for each expense type.
- Support and provide cover for the Travel Manager and AP Analyst as and when required.
- Project work as and when required.
Skills and qualifications
- Previous experience within an accounts payable function
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to create cross department relationships
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Confident in the use of accounting systems. Experience of Navision desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Stock experience desirable