OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Nightshift Upgrades Analyst works in software support, the primary functions being planning upgrades, executing them and providing excellent communication with all stakeholders throughout. A vital part of this role is owning the upgrade process, maintaining accurate records and informing the account manager and service centre of progress regularly (and Client Services Manager where necessary) and ensuring the upgrade is completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
On occasions the Nightshift Upgrades Analyst will also be required to work with other Zonal departments in project work, improving processes and creating documentation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitating Upgrade requests submitted by the Projects & Deployment Coordinator
- Assigning daily work loads to seconded analysts and the monitoring thereof.
- Maintaining accurate logs of daily work done.
- Producing planned upgrade reports for account managers.
- Processing Upgrades with a goal of a 95% weekly success rate.
- Accurate investigation and the preparation of sites for upgrade.
- Logging successful upgrades on Heat.
- Logging issues with upgrades on Heat.
- Continual learning to keep up to date with new software or hardware releases.
- Process development and improvement.
- Addition of new fixes and updated fixes to the Knowledge Base
- Escalating technical issues to the Projects & Deployment Coordinator and R&D
- Performing adhoc monitoring on Customer systems as necessary
- Handover documentation.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to trace and resolve technically complex problems.
- Good IT knowledge, specifically relating to PCs and networks.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work
- IT related HNC/HND
- SQL script writing
- RDBMS skills
- EPoS skills/Zonal product knowledge
The Helpcentre provides first and second line support to Zonal customers. The team of Helpcentre Analysts use an on-line service to resolve operational and software problems reported by customers. In turn they liaise with Engineering Schedulers to arrange for faults to be resolved on-site as required.
The Helpcentre consists of Technical Support Analysts, Client Service Analysts, Planned work and Helpcentre Analysts. The Helpcentre operates on shift patterns from 8am to 12am, 365 days a year. Support is provided based upon the SLAs in place with the customers. These are monitored on a daily basis and reported back to the customer at regular intervals.
Nightshift Upgrades Analyst hours of work are; Monday to Friday, midnight to 8am.