MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
= Quality Management;
o Generating functional, system and regression test cases and procedures within agreed timescales
o Test execution at integration and system test levels
o Attending review meetings at different stages during the development process with the aim of influencing stakeholders, reporting and facilitating overall system quality
o Reviewing requirements specifications, functional specifications and other development documentation
o Creating and maintaining test data and environment permutations
o Effective logging, monitoring and retest of all bugs found during testing
o Escalating any issues likely to affect the project scope or timescales
= Process and Standards;
o Contribute to the development and implementation of relevant processes and standards within the team and department.
o Ensure adherence to agreed processes and standards.
o Facilitate two-way communication of technical and non-technical information within the team and department, via effective ad hoc and formal communication, verbally and in writing.
o Communicate effectively and professionally with other departments, including, but not limited to: TXD and Zonal Client Services, Zonal Help Centre, Zonal R&D.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
– Passion for delivering quality products
– Microsoft Windows experience
– Database proficiency (mySQL Server) or other RDBS
– Understanding of web technologies, browsers and client-side technologies, browser/application server interactions
– Experience with web services via APIs
– Excellent problem solving skills to analyse information appropriately and find best solutions taking a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions
– Organisational skills to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met
– Flexible/agile in test efforts across multiple work streams whilst reporting efficiently
– Understand and respond to customer needs (internal and external) and exceed expectations where possible
– Work co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicate information in a clear, concise and accurate manner
– Ability to be commercially and organisationally focused on the overall business and issues facing company
– Committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work