The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry. Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success. These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for a dynamic Product Owner who shares our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
Working within a team of cross functional software engineers the Product Owner will be responsible for ensuring their Product roadmap is aligned with the product strategy and needs of their target customers.
Taking business and customer needs into consideration the Product owner will create user stories and work items for the team to implement, working closely with business stakeholders and partners the Product Owner will tailor requirements and specification to meet the need of the target audience.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Contribute to, and implement the product strategy and related commercial business cases.
Undertake Business Analysis tasks to the required level of detail to support commercial business cases and their Software development team.
Following Lean and Agile principles, the Product Owner will work closely with all aspects of the business.
Evaluate client requests, end user insights, industry drivers, and competitor capabilities to identify enhancements
Evaluate regulatory changes to determine how they should be accommodated
Manage product roadmap priorities to ensure development work is prioritized
Collaborate with Sales and industry consultants on RFPs and sales initiatives
Collaborate with Marketing to effectively communicate value of product and overall solution
Working effectively with senior leaders and functional teams to ensure success of their Product.
Who you are
- You will have excellent project management skills with the ability to operate independently within prescribed guidelines
- A can do / will do” attitude focused on timely results
- Excellent people skills with peers, seniors, subordinates and customers and comfortable negotiating through conflict
- Ability to multi-task, balancing the customer, product strategy and technical priorities required to deliver competitive product
- Hands on approach to the role with the ability to contribute to team projects whilst taking personal responsibility for their success
- The successful candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. They must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems, and to find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.