The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry. Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success. These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there! We’re serious about innovation, service and delivery but we also know how to have fun along the way!
What you’ll do
You will be part of one of Zonal’s R&D teams working on market leading technology solutions for the UK’s biggest hospitality companies. The team you will be a part of will be cross functional, comprising of Developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts. You will be a fully hands on member of the team.
Day-to-day responsibilities will be:-
- Ensuring the delivery of product features into product releases at the required level of quality
- Pro-actively participating in the full development lifecycle
- Monitoring and reporting on the production usage of the product to help identify areas of weakness/risk
- Championing expertise to ensure quality of product throughout all stages of the development lifecycle
Who you are
- Experience of working with a product to understand requirements and user stories
- Successful use of software development methodologies and processes such as TDD, BDD, CI and CD
- You undertake problem-solving in a logical way and find these an enjoyable challeng
- Experience of automated testing and creating, managing and using test data for development
- Able to independently complete small, discrete pieces of work that are beneficial to the product
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.